Colonial Marble and Granite - How have they failed me? Let me count the ways....

2 of 6 Colonial Marble and Granite reviews

First the facts: We ordered their package which included a new sink, faucet, and backsplash. We paid extra for a matching soap dispenser.

- We were assured by the sales person that we could see OUR granite slab once it arrived (in approximately three weeks) to check for any flaws before they installed it. I called after three weeks and was told it wasn't there yet. Then at FOUR weeks and multiple calls later, I was told my slab was there and I needed an appointment because they had to be sure it was pulled and ready for me to see it. I was finally told to just stop in ANY time I wanted. I drove the hour+ to the showroom and I was showed a dusty slab of granite that had clearly been sitting there for a long time - without MY name on it - and was asked if I liked THAT one. I said it was fine, THEN they put my name on it. Something was definitely fishy.

- The installers arrived with the WRONG color sink. No advance call, no apology. A WHITE sink. The sink was supposed to be black. They blamed it on the manufacturer? Really? How does a MANUFACTURER make THAT mistake? What about quality control of Colonial Granite when they received my sink? It took them THREE WEEKS to get the RIGHT sink in.

- The installers arrived with a soap dispenser that didn't even come close to matching the faucet. It was a completely different manufacturer and color. The installers shrugged their shoulders and said that's what they were sent. The Service Department was closed, so I had to wait until Monday. I called Monday and received an offer to order me the correct soap dispenser. I agreed until I discovered through my own research that this manufacturer has two different models of soap dispensers; one that matches my faucet and one that doesn't. I called back to confirm which one they were ordering. You guessed it - the one that doesn't match. I told them to cancel the soap dispenser and I would get it myself and they suddenly were able to get me the right one. Huh.

- The installers had a seam where the sink was installed. Unexpected (read your contract, folks, they can put a seam WHERE EVER THEY WANT!), but okay. They had to use a sander to make the seam match along the entire front of the sink. They didn't buff it. I called back to tell them the granite in the front of my sink was dull and I received a snippy response that I should go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get granite polish. I went to Home Depot and the granite expert there told me not to touch it - that it's the same as putting furniture polish on wood. It will only be a Band-Aid. They needed to come back out and buff it back to the shine it was supposed to be. I called the office again and this time they agreed to send out their "expert" to fix it. Their “expert” did a great job buffing the granite, but spilled black wax/buffing compound all over my brand new hardwood floors and ruined a rug in the process.

- The soap dispenser hole was cut so far back, I can't (a) fit my hand behind it to push it down and (b) fit anything under it enough to make it useful. I COULD call and have them come out and fix it, but that would entail them pulling apart my ENTIRE kitchen again and replacing 3/4 of the slab. I can't stand the thought of them in my house again, so we're done and I'm going to live with the bad job they did. I can't trust them to get it right the second time, anyway.

Go somewhere else. You'll be happy you did.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 6 Colonial Marble and Granite reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Colonial Marble and Granite. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Colonial Marble and Granite.
Filing a new complaint about
×