Colonial Marble and Granite - How have they failed me? Let me count the ways....
First the facts: We ordered their package which included a new sink, faucet, and backsplash. We paid extra for a matching soap dispenser.
- We were assured by the sales person that we could see OUR granite slab once it arrived (in approximately three weeks) to check for any flaws before they installed it. I called after three weeks and was told it wasn't there yet. Then at FOUR weeks and multiple calls later, I was told my slab was there and I needed an appointment because they had to be sure it was pulled and ready for me to see it. I was finally told to just stop in ANY time I wanted. I drove the hour+ to the showroom and I was showed a dusty slab of granite that had clearly been sitting there for a long time - without MY name on it - and was asked if I liked THAT one. I said it was fine, THEN they put my name on it. Something was definitely fishy.
- The installers arrived with the WRONG color sink. No advance call, no apology. A WHITE sink. The sink was supposed to be black. They blamed it on the manufacturer? Really? How does a MANUFACTURER make THAT mistake? What about quality control of Colonial Granite when they received my sink? It took them THREE WEEKS to get the RIGHT sink in.
- The installers arrived with a soap dispenser that didn't even come close to matching the faucet. It was a completely different manufacturer and color. The installers shrugged their shoulders and said that's what they were sent. The Service Department was closed, so I had to wait until Monday. I called Monday and received an offer to order me the correct soap dispenser. I agreed until I discovered through my own research that this manufacturer has two different models of soap dispensers; one that matches my faucet and one that doesn't. I called back to confirm which one they were ordering. You guessed it - the one that doesn't match. I told them to cancel the soap dispenser and I would get it myself and they suddenly were able to get me the right one. Huh.
- The installers had a seam where the sink was installed. Unexpected (read your contract, folks, they can put a seam WHERE EVER THEY WANT!), but okay. They had to use a sander to make the seam match along the entire front of the sink. They didn't buff it. I called back to tell them the granite in the front of my sink was dull and I received a snippy response that I should go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get granite polish. I went to Home Depot and the granite expert there told me not to touch it - that it's the same as putting furniture polish on wood. It will only be a Band-Aid. They needed to come back out and buff it back to the shine it was supposed to be. I called the office again and this time they agreed to send out their "expert" to fix it. Their “expert” did a great job buffing the granite, but spilled black wax/buffing compound all over my brand new hardwood floors and ruined a rug in the process.
- The soap dispenser hole was cut so far back, I can't (a) fit my hand behind it to push it down and (b) fit anything under it enough to make it useful. I COULD call and have them come out and fix it, but that would entail them pulling apart my ENTIRE kitchen again and replacing 3/4 of the slab. I can't stand the thought of them in my house again, so we're done and I'm going to live with the bad job they did. I can't trust them to get it right the second time, anyway.
Go somewhere else. You'll be happy you did.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "I ordered flowers and did not get what I ordered. I have contacted them after numerous excuses didn't come to acceptable resolution. Never will I ever use them again. ..."
- "A picture is worth a thousand words...Bill Knell/ Catherine Knell/ Dogsforfun.com Arizonapups.com» Bill Knell / Aztoydogs.com /Arizona Pups.com / FRAUD !!!!!A picture is worth a thousand words... William Knell /..."
- "Do not work for this company or any other Roadshow they branch out to be....They dont pay!!!!!!!!..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."